BOOK REVIEW CRITERIA
- Most sub-genres thereof (except middle grade/children’s)
I don’t accept:
- Zombie stories. I just have no interest in them. Sorry…
- Epic Fantasy
- Speculative Fiction
- The middle/end of a series when I haven’t read the earlier books.
- Stories with multiple 1st person POVs
Formats (from distributor, please):
- ARCs (ePub or Kindle preferred, but PDF accepted)
- Polished works only.
- I read a sample of each book before deciding to review.
- I use Goodreads to manage book reviews, both in posting reviews and tracking review requests. If a book is not on Goodreads, I will not review it.
- Requesting a book does not guarantee I’ll review.
- I do not give reviews less than 3 stars.
- Time permitting, I may email the author a separate critique including extra details.
- I try to respond quickly to requests, but it may take weeks/months depending on my workload (I also tend to respond in batches).
- I will not email if I choose not to review a book (whether before or after requesting an ebook copy).
- I try to read and review in a timely manner, but I also read based upon whims. To optimize your chances of getting a good review, I won’t read a book I don’t currently feel like reading. Reading a book I’m not currently in the mood for could adversely affect the review.
I also encourage you to make a listing at my other site: IndieGalley. It’s free, and gets you in front of our growing list of reviewer members.
Book Review Requests are Current down pending development of IndieGalley.